September 1, 2014

Starting another "30 in 30" Challenge - Portrait of my Niece

After such a long hiatus on my blog I'm back - with another "30 in 30 challenge"!

This means 30 paintings in 30 days, one per day, throughout September.
Quite a task.
I already did this challenge in January this year and am very proud to say that I did not miss one single day! This time I might have to skip a few, but let's see how it goes.

As my theme for this month I want to focus on (quick!) Portraits as well as animals. To start off this is a portrait of my niece (the younger one).

When painting a portrait, I am probably the last one to be pleased and feel like I've done the subject justice - even more so if it's somebody I know and love. So usually I would take more time, but hey, it's a challenge, isn't it?
And just because I'm curious and painting children is soo difficult: how old do you think she is?


"Tamina Nr 1"
Oil on panel, 9" by 7"
- not for sale -

Since this is a challenge I though "why not make it just this bit more.... challenging for me": I'd love for you all to send me pictures of yourself, your family, your pet or the squirrel in your garden for me to paint. I'd love to have this added challenge, and it would be more fun!
Only condition: make sure you've taken the picture yourself or have the consent of the one who has taken it. AND of course have the consent of the person in the photo...


This is painting Nr 1 in the "30 in 30 September 2014" challenge - more to come!


The paintings are also posted on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art - I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook or sign up to follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover