March 13, 2014

Daffodils - slightly confused

I was reminded of a blog entry by one of the artist I follow. He posted a painting of a bowl with an orange in it and wrote: "I would have thought this was easier!"
That's how I felt today.
And confused.

The reason for my confusion: I decided to do my daily painting with acrylics instead of the usual oils. As you know I do paint a lot with acrylics, but usually these are big, abstract paintings
And I'm used to paint my smaller, figurative / realistic paintings in oils.

So sitting down today painting these daffodils, I had to remind myself that yes, acrylics dry fast. No, I cannot change the color on the canvas by taking another color up on my brush and mixing it in. And yes, acrylics do dry a little darker!


And although I love daffodils, they are not the most forgiving subject to paint... But then they smell lovely!

"Spring Flowers - 5"
Oil on panel, 6" by 6"
USD 65 (plus shipping)

This is the sixth painting in the "Take 10 - Spring" challenge.
The paintings are also posted on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art - I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook or subscribe to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover