March 27, 2015

Colorful Cappuccino - 1st of 30 Days of Daily Sketching

Here's the first of my '30 Days of Daily Sketching'. Pamela commented on my last Facebook post and suggested I'd sketch a cup of coffee. That's definitely something you don't have to ask me twice, I just love a nice cappuccino.



The text reads: "Not really a lot of milk foam - it's already evening! Also: de-caff..."
I might have to explain that the cappuccino has NOT been standing around since the morning - it's just too late in the day to have so much milk. Or caffeine...

Since it was really fun doing this sketch I thought I'd share a few process fotos.
I started out by doing the lines first with a waterproof pen since I knew I'd use watercolors later on and did not want to smudge the ink.

Once I had this down... I went ahead and drank the cappuccino ;-)
And then took out my little watercolor kit and started by putting in the shadows. Not too wet, since I'm using a sketchbook that does not really 'love' the moisture...

And once this first wash dried the fun began: adding more color. And that's it. Wasn't that easy...?

Btw: this is probably my favorite coffee cup. I've had it for 20 years (but who's counting) and got it from York, UK. Love the bright, warm yellow that reminds me of all the daffodils that are in bloom all over York just around this time of the year.
Wouldn't it be great if someone from York read this post and commented? If you know someone, please send them the link to this post, I'd be so happy!

Now - as every day of this challenge - I need your ideas of what to sketch next. I'll be collecting them all, but would love to pick one idea from each post to draw the following day. Of course you can also follow me on Facebook at facebook.com/regulascheifeleart and comment over there.

2 comments:

  1. Love this challenge but I see I will have to step up my game to keep up with you! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you along on this ride, Maria!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover