September 10, 2014

"J" - another 30 in 30 Challenge Portrait

Painting in general - and painting portraits specifically - can be a fun process. You're in the 'flow' and are just painting away, watching the portrait unfold.
Sometimes it feels like you're fighting with painting - and it's not yet clear who's winning.

With this piece, it was a play of hide and seek. Although I do not know "J", the pictures I have of him are so lively and telling, I feel like I got a good idea of his personality. But painting the portrait and catching this spark on canvas -  as I said: hide and seek!

I hope I did succeed in catching a facet of this lovely boy's personality!

"J."
Oil on panel, 10" by 7"
USD 90 (plus shipping)

I might have a few spots left on my 'to paint list' for the September challenge, depending on how I'm proceeding on the list I have. So - you can still send me pictures of yourself, your family, your pet or the squirrel in your garden for me to paint. 
 
The paintings are also posted on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art - I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook or sign up to follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover