January 31, 2014

Done - 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

Here they are - all 30 paintings done in January put together into one collage. It's fun to see them side by side like this.
I'm trying to pick favorits, but it isn't easy... which painting(s) do you like best? I'd love to get your feedback on them.




I did say that I would post a review on the great '30 in 30' experience, including my thoughts and highlights on it. Here they are - quite a long list!
  1. I've known about the '30 in 30 challenges' for some time now, but always thought I would not find the time to paint. This time I just jumped in - so highlight Nr 1 is 'getting started and just doing it'
  2. Although I absolutely agree with you that it doesn't matter whether you paint 3 or 30 paintings during this challenge, I realized that I would have to be strict with myself and not allow for 'days off'. I needed to get into the habit and just paint - if I allowed myself to think about whether I should paint today or not I would find an excuse. I'm very happy to say that I didn't miss one single day - highlight Nr 2: trick myself into sticking with it, day after day.
  3. I did have quite a few 'yesss' moments where things just worked out great, with quite a few paintings that I'm really happy with - and I'm my worst critic, so that's quite an achievement. There have also been some frustrations as well, but less than I'd have expected. Highlight Nr 3: more happy results than frustrating ones!
  4. I usually paint once a week, and often I need some time to get into 'the flow' - sometimes I spend as much time trying to decide on what to paint and setting up than on actually painting. Which is frustrating. During the challenge I got more and more into the habit of painting, so after the first week it never took me more than a few minutes to decide on the subject and start painting! Highlight Nr 4: almost zero procrastination!
  5. I did get my paintings done faster, and still with better quality. Highlight Nr 5: efficiency!
  6. I got to know some great artist, connected with some I already knew about but and some whose work I hadn't seen yet. AND I finally joined Daily Paintworks. Highlight Nr 6: networking & marketing.
  7. I received great feedback and comments on my blog, Facebook, DPW (even made the FB pick of the day) and 'offline' - doesn't hurt either! Highlight Nr 7: feedback and motivation
  8. As an artist having a full time 'day job' and also since I'm living in Switzerland (small country with a very different 'art scene' and possibilities), I always enjoy the possibilities that the virtual world offers - I would feel rather isolated if was not able to connect to my artist friends in the states and participate in the virtual art scene. Highlight Nr 8 - being connected.
  9. And finally I'm allowed to say - 'I've made it'! I managed to post each day, to enjoy the challenge, to grow and to reach my personal goals. Highlight Nr 9: I did it!
So to sum it up: it's been a great journey. Thanks to Leslie Saeta for organizing it and motivating so many artists along the way, and thanks to everybody who viewed, liked and commented my posts here and on Facebook!

I have a special treat in store and will post about it later today here and on Facebook. Stay tuned!

All paintings are also posted on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art - I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook or subscribe to my blog!

11 comments:

  1. So awesome that you managed to complete all 30 Regula! They look lovely together, especially the lego paintings. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nithya - I loved your painting 'Buddies'!

      Delete
  2. I was listening to Leslie on AHA yesterday and they read all of your 30-30 comments on the show. You are famous now!! You had a wonderful run on the challenge and you were so smart to pick out a few subjects to paint and really get to "know them." I have really enjoyed not only your paintings but the companion stories. Looking forward to more challenges. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smile* - it WAS fun hearing Leslie read out my mail. And she actually got my first name right at the first try!
      Picking a theme for the challenge was a life saver - I even sticked to the order of Daisy - Cars - Lego. I'll do the same next time!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you on a month of terrific work! I have been wanting to get better at pet portraits, and yours are so wonderful! Happy creating to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila - it has been a learning curve, and I will definitely practice a lot more in the future!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful collection Regula. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great blog post. I agree with every one of your lessons learned. Very well said and very nice to meet you via this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti - you know I enjoyed 'meeting' you and am looking forward to the paintings to come!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, the collage looks great and the list is spot on!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover