January 28, 2014

Good Night, Cars!

Finishing this piece tonight I realized that this is probably the last painting of these toy cars I'll be doing - at least as part of the '30 in 30' challenge. So I do wish them 'Good Night'.

But the title of this piece is also fitting for the situation the reference photos was taken in. My little nephew L-o-v-e-s his toy cars, he could play with them for days on end. One thing he does is collecting all of them and putting them away - and as you can see, very neatly, too.

The one thing he still has to learn though, is that he should do the 'tidying up' part at the end of his playing session, not in the midst of it. To him, tidying up is just part of the play, and there's no reason not to continue playing with them. And NOT  tidying up afterwards. ;-)

"Good Night, Cars!"
Oil on panel, 5" by 5"
USD 65 (shipping included)


This is painting Nr 27 in the "30 in 30" challenge, the paintings are also posted on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art - I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook or subscribe to my blog!

1 comment:

  1. They are so sweet all lined up! I love that bright shadow!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover